[OpenIndiana-discuss] very slow zpool

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 1 01:27:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, Martin Frost wrote:

> Oh, here's iostat output from after I stopped the slow scrub just now
> (with more activity than I expected so maybe someone is working late
> on New Year's Eve).

It seems that you may have a process (or client) which is doing more
than its fair share of reads.  This can easily happen by attaching a
Windows, desktop Linux (e.g. Ubuntu), or Mac OS-X client which assumes
that it must read and index every file it can access.

Search for a source of network client traffic.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn