[OpenIndiana-discuss] Improved Network Performance

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 09:46:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just want to say thanks for the improvement in Network performance
that I have noticed in the last two or three releases of OpenIndiana. It
has effectively doubled the transfer rates when I use filezilla from a
linux client to my desktop.

I have an Intel Corporation 82571EB Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet PCI-e
Controller, if it is a driver improvement thats great or if is
improvements in SSH that is also great.

As an aside, when I use Cheese Webcam Booth 2.28.1 I have found that it
is not possible to capture video at any of the supported resolutions
160x120, 320x240, 640x480 and 1280x960 on my Dual Quad Core Opteron 2389.
However, on a Dual Dual Core Opteron 2216 which is running LinuxMint
using Cheese Webcam Booth 3.10.2 it is capable of capturing video at
1920x1080 down to 160x90 using a Logitech C920 camera.

Regards

Russell