[OpenIndiana-discuss] build on oi-userland

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Jan 14 21:55:38 UTC 2016

14 января 2016 г. 15:07:50 CET, Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de> пишет:
>Thanks, it works!
>only on 'clean' it miss the source dir.
>
>If I rerun 'gmake build' it attemts to repatch also.
>Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
>Apply anyway? [n]
>
>Can I skip this?
>
>On 14.01.16 13:46, Alexander Pyhalov  <alp at sfedu.ru> wrote:
>>
>> On 01/14/2016 15:38, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
>> >On oi-userland: it is possible to use the git master branch of
>software to build, not version already packaged in a archive file?
>>
>> Yes, but it's not straightforward. Look at
>components/illumos/time-slider/Makefile or
>components/illumos/illumos-gate/Makefile .
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Alexander Pyhalov,
>> system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department

I'm not sure what is in Alexander's example, but OTOH you can download any snapshot (including current head) as a tar.gz from github. If you disable local checksum verification, you'd always pull a new tarball (even if identical to current one you might have).
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android