[OpenIndiana-discuss] pay for support options?

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 07:04:36 UTC 2016

On 01/14/16 09:57 PM, Ryan Baetens wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Had to let an internal resource go recently who was responsible for an OI server. I have very minimal knowledge of what is at play and am looking for pay for support. Can anyone suggest a company, person, or themselves?
>
> -Ryan

I suspect that internal resource that was managing OI was doing also
other things, and having someone by your side is usually most effective.
What ever external support contract you may buy, it always suppose there
is also someone inside the company that communicate and do things.

Support contract from the company that is selling, ones that sell it
with illumos as the basis of an OS are:
Joyent with it's SmartOS , OmniTI with it's OmniOS and Nexenta with it's
half-open/half-proprietary solutions.

Community maintained include Openindiana hipster (snapshots), igork with
dilos, Sonicle with XStreamOS and tribblix.
(http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/Distributions)

You can also pop-in to #openindiana and #oi-dev IRC channels on
Freenode.net
(http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/IRC) or continue answering on the list,
so you can explain your use case and amount of help you would need.