[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for experienced user input on specific Machine purchase

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Jan 24 00:52:43 UTC 2016

Hoping a few here may have experience with this hardware and can speak
from experience about installing OI and using as a home NAS.

My skill level is weak but I have done something very similar on one
previous occasion. (With plenty of help from this list)

Am I likely to be walking into known headaches?

And finally, I'd like to know if stated specs and price are something of
a bargain?

-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
HP XW8600 Workstation 2x Xeon Quad Core X5460

Price is $660
-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
Condition:                   Seller refurbished: [...]
Brand:	                     HPxw8600 workstation
Processors:		     2x Xeon (5460)
Processor Speed:             3.1 GHz
Product Line:                Workstation
Graphics Processing Type:    Dedicated Graphics
Memory:                      32GB
Operating System:            Windows 7
Hard Drive Capacity:         2TB
Processor Type:              Xeon Quad Core