[OpenIndiana-discuss] Looking for experienced user input on specific Machine purchase

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Mon Jan 25 10:04:53 UTC 2016

Googling for
solaris hardware compatibility

will find some (partly/mostly crowdsourced, i.e. not authoritative) lists for commercial Solaris.  I'd expect that OpenSolaris derivatives would resemble Solaris 10, perhaps minus some closed-source drivers.  Others might be able to expand on differences between the commercial Solaris Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCLs) and e.g. OpenIndiana.