[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB3 devices needed for driver testing

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Jul 5 06:51:27 UTC 2016

On 07/ 4/16 10:13 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> there is an ongoing work on USB3 support in illumos and we should participate in testing. OI community can provide good testing background as I bet there is plenty of USB3 hardware.
>
> I’d like to create a list of person (email), device and driver, so we have that ready when actual driver testing comes.  Any exotic USB3 device or peripheral will help.
>
> So if anybody is interested in helping, please respond to this email. I’d also gladly ask others to not debate off-topic stuff in this thread. Thanks for understanding!
>
> Cheers,
> Adam

Hi,

I am using PC with motherboard:
         Manufacturer: ASRock
         Product Name: B150M Pro4S

It has built in (on-board) USB3 + USB2 controller. Right now it runs
under "legacy" emulation (and I had to add PCIe USB2 card in order to
use OI Hipster).

Regarding devices, I have not so big choice - will use existing USB2
devices and when have USB3 ones.

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!