[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox v5.1.0 on hipster lastest

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jul 13 21:24:05 UTC 2016

Adam Števko writes:
> anyone interested in packaging virtualbox? That would help everybody.

I have not followed any of the upstream virtualbox mailing lists.
Does anyone know why they publish only a SVR4 package for Solaris?
That package is IPS-aware and checks several IPS dependencies under
Solaris 11.

As far as I can tell, the SVR4 package would have to be converted
to an IPS package, and the various scripts run during pkgadd would
have to be merged in an SMF assembly service.  Some amount of work,
but certainly doable.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"