[OpenIndiana-discuss] new hipster installation

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jul 26 16:03:07 UTC 2016

On 07/26/16 06:52 PM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Finally I managed to install hipster on my computer at home. My computer had 3 hard disks (2 SATA and 1 IDE).
> One of the SATA disks was defective so I copied everything on it on the other SATA disk. I removed the defective
> disk and I installed a new disk where the new version of the OS is installed. When I started the system I chose
>
> the el_GR.UTF-8 locale. I chose also a proper keyboard but the Greek keyboard was not working properly. In fact,
> I could enter vowels with tonos (an accent). The solution: the file
>

> /usr/share/X11/locale/el_GR.UTF-8/Compose
>
> is wrong! The one that comes with the Xorg sources (OK after some processing) is the correct file.
>
> Apart from this everything works the expected way
>
> A.S.

Hi.
Our usr/share/X11/locale/el_GR.UTF-8/Compose is coming from libX11
(https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/x11/libX11/),
but is heavily patched (patch borrowed from x-s12-clone:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/x11/libX11/patches/28.compose-el_GR.UTF-8.patch

If you consider it harmful, we can remove it.
Pull requests are welcome.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,