[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] X11 components

Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Jun 1 13:04:27 UTC 2016

On 05/26/16 06:19 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello, guys!
>
> So, as you've heard, Aurélien has made a big piece of work converting
> x-s12-clone packages to oi-userland format. So we have about +220
> components.
>
> They need testing.
>
> I've just compiled everything and put at
> http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ .
>
> Please, update your systems and report any issues.
>
> Brief instructions:
> 1) create backup BE
> 2) update to latest Hipster
> 3) pkg set-publisher -P -g http://xzone.oi-build.r61.net:1000/ userland
> 4) pkg set-publisher --non-sticky openindiana.org
> 5) pkg install pkg://userland/*
>
> Reboot and see if something went wrong.

Update:

a) I would like to stress that steps 1 and 2 have to be swapped
b) we need 2 more steps to be done before step 5 (like Alp has suggested):
# pkg change-facet
facet.require.consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation=False
# pkg uninstall userland-incorporation

After reboot I got set of updates from xzone repository and working with
it few hours already without any issue :-)

Many thanks for this work and great help.

Best regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!