[OpenIndiana-discuss] Testing updates from /dev to /hipster-2015 and /hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jun 8 07:36:21 UTC 2016

Hi.
Thanks for the detailed report.

On 06/ 7/16 10:20 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:

> I also see that firefox 45.0.2 isn't happy with the Java plug-in:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0_80/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so [ld.so.1:
> firefox: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0_80/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so: symbol
> __1cDstdMbasic_string4Ccn0ALchar_traits4Cc__n0AJallocator4Cc___J__nullref_:
> referenced symbol not found]

I suppose it's related to studio/GNU C++ ABI incompatiblity. However,
you can try using web/browser/firefox/plugin/firefox-java , which is
essentially icedtea firefox plugin.

> Finally, since my OI /dev install had never had a working office suite,
> I finished up by installing openoffice from hipster:
>
>      sudo pkg install -n pkg://openindiana.org/desktop/office/openoffice
>
> I had to use the full FMRI because I still have opensolaris.org as a
> publisher (see above) and it has an ancient version of openoffice.
>
> I actually would have preferred libreoffice4 from sfe, but the
> --search-after and --non-sticky options I used when setting up
> sfe/localhostoi mean that some of the dependencies can't replace versions
> from hipster.  I may have to re-do my publisher for sfe/localhostoi

Libreoffice seems to work better. You can specify exact packages and
publishers for IPS, something like "pkg install pkg://sfe/*/libreoffice
pkg://sfe/system/library/g++/boost ..."

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,