[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox 5.0.22 does not install under OI

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 16:24:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to VirtualBox 5.0.22 after first removing VirtualBox
5.0.20.
Unfortunately after starting the install with pkgadd -d
./VirtualBox-5.0.22-SunOS-amd64-r108108.pkg it failed as it it not
recognised the kernel version.
Attempting to use Jim Klimov script to complete the install also failed.
After attempting to remove the partially installed VirtualBox 5.0.22 I
decided to revert to a previous BE as a quick solution.

I had updated my desktop to the latest Hipster release at the weekend.

Regards

Russell