[OpenIndiana-discuss] Time-Slider failure after latest changes:

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:27:52 UTC 2016

On 06/28/16 10:17 AM, Predrag Zečević - Unix Systems Administrator wrote:
> Thanks for tip!
>
> That has fixed it:
> $ pfexec pkg install -v library/python/pygobject-27
>
> Now I have cleared maintenance and time-slider is started as service...
>
> What is not working yet is System -> Administration -> Time Slider GUI
> tool for setup... Also, when called from shell:
> $ /usr/bin/time-slider-setup
>
> It exists straightaway out w/o any message...
>
> Probably something else is still missing...

I just used it minutes ago and it worked for me actually (using GUI
setup for time-slider),
but I am using separate account with admin/roles rights , not the one I
logged in with.
(enter username/password of admin user).

Here,  (userland-incorporation at 0.5.11-2016.0.0.6704):
$ /usr/bin/time-slider-setup
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkWindow)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkInvisible)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkObject)

It waits a bit and it opens a window to enter a role just fine for me.

Try with userland-incorporation and entire installed.

Also I actually added several RBAC rights to my login user, I'll check
how it beahves with basic ones...

Plus it should also work when logged-in as Primary Administrator , even
logging in As Primary Administrator is discouraged and system should be
regularly used like that. Beside that if not working , it's a bug.