[OpenIndiana-discuss] Plumbing tun0 in a non-global zone

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:45:43 UTC 2016

I know I've done this before, I just can't find it anywhere.

I have a zone with OpenVPN in it, that needs to plumb tun0.

I've added the "match" for the tun device to the global zone, I've
installed tuntap in the zone and the global zone ...

I have a suspicion that I need to set something in "limitpriv" to allow the
ability to plumb/unplumb interfaces in the zone, but I can't for the life
of me remember the specifics.

Does anyone do this, can they remind me how to do it?

Thanks

Jon