[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox 5.0.16 working on OpenIndiana

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:44:40 UTC 2016

On 03/15/16 02:04 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
> IANAL, but I *think* that main binary is purely GPL and so under that license, including redistribution I guess. Extensions are PUEL and essentially should be downloaded for free from Oracle by end-users responsible for each installed instance.
>
> Jim

Binaries use rights have nothing to do with source code being copyleft.
(That is why everyone can choose binary license if provides source)
If VirtualBox binaries on site are redistributable, that is great.
Aether way they should, ideally, be recompiled for OI to test and
distribute.

For Extensions Ok, they are used by downloading from virtualbox.org.