[OpenIndiana-discuss] dtrace for ruby/php

Sergey Avseyev sergey.avseyev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 22:54:47 UTC 2016

Hi guys, I've been trying to learn and use dtrace to analyze my ruby code.
And I was surprised to realized that ruby binaries compiled without dtrace
support, which has been implemented there a couple of years ago (since 2.0
if I'm not mistaken).

I've open an issue ticket about that on redmine:
https://www.illumos.org/issues/6766

Basically build scripts make some guessing about dtrace support, and my
guess is that that test has failed, and it just disable all those probes.

I also opened similar ticket for PHP https://www.illumos.org/issues/6767

Thank you.