[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wireshark GUI broken ?

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu May 5 07:02:04 UTC 2016

On 05/ 4/16 01:54 AM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hello,
> according to a report on IRC the Wireshark GUI is not working on recent OI
> builds anymore.
>
> As I am not familiar with it, people who experienced this breakage are
> welcome to report and provide information so that the issue can be fixed ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Aurelien

Wireshark GUI opens up for me. (BE date 2016-04-30)
He reported there is 'pfexec wireshark' in Wireshark icon definition,
but one surely needs to have some RBAC priviledges to use network
sniffing. (or use sudo wireshark that it says is dangerous and it is..)

If anyone has idea what RBAC priviledges ( /etc/user_attr) are needed
for using Wireshark, you can say here, so it could be added to docs on
Wiki etc.