[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] Feedback on Slurm patches

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:02:22 UTC 2016

> You can compile code with -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS to get standard
> behavior (see getgrnam(3C).

This is already the case but glibc has a non-POSIX version if I understood
well.
Instead of:

group *getgrent_r(struct group *grp, char *buffer, int bufsize);

they use:

int getgrent_r(struct group *grp, char *buffer, int bufsize, group *
resultgrp);

> Have you seen
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.slurm.devel/6016 ?

So it seems defining the macros to zero is not harmful even if not sexy.

> BTW, it exists in latest Solaris (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11655).

Alright, so this cannot be upstreamed.

How realistic would it be to have getgrouplist added to illumos ?

Thanks.

Aurélien

--
---