[OpenIndiana-discuss] Testing updates from /dev to /hipster-2015 and /hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat May 7 19:17:52 UTC 2016

On 05/ 7/16 02:06 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Not sure that we can update /hipster-2015 fast. Current build server
> can't be used for this,
> as it has already gone further. So, for example, if you want to
> rebuild A and A needs B, and
> build server has B installed from /hipster, and B from /hipster has
> higher version than B from /hipster-2015
> it can't publish A package, compatible with /hipster-2015.
>
> So, to update /hipster-2015 you should deploy server on Hipster
> 2015.10 snapshot, update it, then rebuild packages
> and publish them to /hipster-2015. Or just do cosmetic changes whith
> pkgrecv/pkgmogrify/pkgsend.

Thanks alp for clarifying, I supposed it should need spinning up
separate build server/zone .

Waiting for some more comments or maybe opening new topic that could
attract more people
in testing updating form /dev to /hipster-2015 as oldest that is most
near to the last reported successful update, since ATm for such testing
we need mostly nothing of infrastructure for starters.

Of course, it is not a goal to stay at 2015, but after that possibly on
201406, but even that update worked out, next updates chasing /hipster
would be looking more like just regular OI hipster updates.
And of course goal actually is to provide more testing of everything,
(beside everyday use of OI hipster to find newest things of course).