[OpenIndiana-discuss] New box/new motherboard suggestions

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Fri May 13 02:53:54 UTC 2016

I am at a point where I need to build a new box for $HOME, and I believe that
unless something else pops up, I'm looking at a SuperMicro ATX motherboard +
some Intel CPU's.

Right now, I'm looking at these motherboards, but I'm open to something else::

<https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/SUPERMICRO-X10DAL-i-motherboard-ATX-LGA2011-v3-Socket-C612/4047227.aspx?pfm=srh>

<https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/SUPERMICRO-X9DRL-3F-motherboard-ATX-LGA2011-Socket-C606/2783863.aspx?pfm=srh>

<https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/SUPERMICRO-X10DRL-i-motherboard-ATX-LGA2011-v3-Socket-C612/3550684.aspx?pfm=srh#PO>

Planed usage:

This will be a desktop system, not a server but I want dual CPU's and lots of
memory to have lots of zones and VM's.

Plus some new mid range NVIDIA frame buffer and a new/higher capacity power supply.

Staying with ATX size as this is all going into one of my spare Sun Ultra 20
cases.  I will probably uses those forever, or at least till I can't use them
anymore.

Comments on the above motherboards are appreciated.  If you have a better
suggestion, that is appreciated.

Jerry