[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:45:32 UTC 2016

On 05/13/16 07:25 AM, Patrick Arnoux wrote:
> On 05/12/16 02:25 PM, russell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded to VirtualBox 5.0.20 on the 30th April and not experienced
>> any problems so far.
>> In order to work around the problem of the supplied
>> /opt/VirtualBox/vboxconfig.sh not running properly and having to
>> manually replace the vboxconfig.sh with Jim Klimov's working version
>> and running it to complete the installation.  I copied Jim's version
>> into /opt/VirtualBox/.  and changed the permissions to 555 instead of
>> 755.
>> So when I ran the pkgadd the installation complained about the file
>> so you had to select y to continue but the installation completed
>> normally.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Russell

> These might prove useful.
>
> Attached is a modified vboxconfig.sh as well as pkgmap for VirtualBox
> 5.0.20 which works on Solaris as well as Openindiana/Illumos.
> Use pkgtrans to extract the VirtualBox package to a directory, replace
> pkgmap in the top level directory and vboxconfig.sh in
> root/opt/VirtualBox with these and install.
> The installation should be clean.

Following Jim Klimov's great manual word-by word from:
https://github.com/jimklimov/vboxconfig_sh

I made VirtualBox-5.0.20-106931-SunOS-illumos.tar.gz that includes
repacked changes.
Available at:
https://mega.nz/#!jJAjAAQR!XR1cPpCic8-_E71ZcxSsfiZyrtQ1MC9uUDqgSYKCQ_8

SHA256SUM is VirtualBox-5.0.20-106931-SunOS-illumos.tar.gz.sha256
Av. at:
https://mega.nz/#!GYgXzKpQ!kF6GVs-IgWCGYYCdgI92YrEeScZi7IkkpsVJT8lyH_0

sha256sum -c :
318a47b9c13c64e9a7147780f3c8a0c9127d1db3ad0f76d03bffc84deebe7d2a
VirtualBox-5.0.20-106931-SunOS-illumos.tar.gz

You can also , following manual repack it too,
but I did it to save people's time for others wanting to install and use
VirtualBox on OI. :)