[OpenIndiana-discuss] Support for 10 TB HDD SATA / SAS

Timothy Coalson tsc5yc at mst.edu
Tue May 17 21:05:29 UTC 2016

He may be remembering a 2TB usable disk size limit for the root pool, due
to use of MBR and modified grub 0.97 (I don't know if this has been
fixed).  I would expect it to be possible to use larger disks for the
rpool, but not have access to the extra space, even for use as storage.

Storage pools have no such limitation, we are using some 6TB drives.

Tim