[OpenIndiana-discuss] struct msghdr

Jay F. Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Wed May 25 16:11:01 UTC 2016

> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:15:33 +0300
> From: Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru>
> Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss] struct msghdr and _XPG4_2
>
> Hi.
> It seems illumos/Solaris is the only OS which doesn't have
> msg_control and msg_controllen in struct msghdr by default.... Can
> we somehow alleviate this issue?

Linux doesn't have msg_accrights and msg_accrightslen.  I never hear
about anyone proposing to "alleviate" Linux by making it more like
Solaris.  However, I do hear about people proposing to "alleviate"
Solaris by making it more like Linux.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"