[Userland-team] [OpenIndiana Distribution - Bug #2645] poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer

illumos project devnull at illumos.org
Tue Oct 2 21:06:07 UTC 2012

Issue #2645 has been updated by Udo Grabowski.

This is a bit more serious, as I noticed that machines not going off will instead burn all CPUs on
full power indefinitely ! I don't know what can still run there since this is past the shutdown.
I suspect that this is present on all Intel X57/ICH10 mobos, since my Asus P6T as well as our
Dell T3500 Precision workstations show this behaviour. Something wrong with ACPI with these
Chipsets ?

Bug #2645: poweroff/shutdown does not turn off the computer
https://www.illumos.org/issues/2645