[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue May 24 12:11:29 UTC 2011

On 5/24/11 8:08 AM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 01:11 -0700, Gary Driggs wrote:
>> On May 24, 2011, at 12:36 AM, "LinuxBSDos.com" wrote:
>>
>>> List as many as you can and I'll still be able to prove that "most of the
>>> distros using sudo are derived from Ubuntu" is a statement of fact.
>> OpenBSD ships with sudo and a root account accessible by anyone in the wheel group. Where does that fit?
> As do the other *BSD's.  Ironically enough, Fedora 15 beta has now added
> the wheel group requirement and calling it an "innovation".

I actually see this discussion both amusing and frustrating as I
remember this happening on OpenSolaris years ago. As long as both are
available and the man pages are complete and reference each other in the
"See Also" section, I don't have an issue.  That said, there should be a
mechanism for specifying these options during installation.  It's a
royal pain to keep a list of "things that need to be changed" every time
someone changes a default.

Gary