[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing ffmpeg on Hipster

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Thu Aug 21 10:41:27 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm clearly getting stumped on the exact process here because I can't
make this fly. Step by step, from the top:

Starting with: Hipster installed from ISO, fresh system then set to the
current Hipster repo, then updated, and rebooted into the associated
newly-created BE.

Current publishers at this stage:

# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/

I have then added the sfe and sfe-encumbered repositories as follows:

# pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered
sfe-encumbered
# pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe --non-sticky
--search-after sfe-encumbered sfe

The current publishers are now:

# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

Then:

# pkg update -v
No updates available for this image.
#

And finally:

# pkg install ffmpeg
            Packages to install: 26
        Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER
(MB)   SPEED
Completed                              26/26       724/724 24.4/24.4  143k/s

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Installing new actions                     1622/1622
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           0/0
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done

# pkg info ffmpeg
           Name: video/ffmpeg
       Category: System/Multimedia Libraries
          State: Installed
      Publisher: sfe-encumbered
        Version: 2.1
         Branch: 0.151.1.8
Packaging Date: 29 November 2013 06:36:20 PM
           Size: 30.35 MB
           FMRI:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1-0.151.1.8:20131129T183620Z

# ffmpeg
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: libx264.so.138: open failed: No such file or
directory
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/pentium_pro+mmx/libavcodec.so.55: symbol x264_encoder_close:
referenced symbol not found
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/bin/pentium_pro+mmx/ffmpeg: symbol avcodec_register_all: referenced
symbol not found
Killed

What am I missing?

--