[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing ffmpeg on Hipster

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] Predrag.Zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Aug 21 10:55:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

welcome to the club...

I was trying to use mplayer2 and also was stuck... Meantime person maintaining sfe repositories is not updating those anymore....

What I have found useful is http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoi151a8/ publisher (see also http://sfe.opencsw.org/ page):

pkg publisher -a
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/
localhostoi151a8              origin   online F http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoi151a8/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

So, I have set it BEFORE old sfe repos, removed some old sfe packages and installed ffmpeg from opencsw:

pkg info -l ffmpeg
           Name: video/ffmpeg
       Category: System/Multimedia Libraries
          State: Installed
      Publisher: localhostoi151a8
        Version: 2.2
         Branch: 0.0.151.1.8
Packaging Date: April 24, 2014 01:55:43 PM
           Size: 31.56 MB
           FMRI: pkg://localhostoi151a8/video/ffmpeg@2.2-0.0.151.1.8:20140424T135543Z

I have gave up from mplayer and installed vlc from localhostoi151a8 ( Good news, in Sep 2014 they will create /hipstery sfe
packages:-) )

Regards.

P.S. Also thinking about other desktop solution, because no one is willing to fix https://www.illumos.org/issues/4453 bug ;-(

--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard? -- Paul Simon