[oi-dev] Developer meeting

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Tue Nov 30 19:48:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'd like to propose that we hold developer meetings regular basis
either on IRC or in form of a conference call (if we can get
somebody to provide the infrastructure).  This would allow us to
make some smaller decisions in a timely fashion without numerous
time-consuming email discussions and might help to keep all
involved developers (especially thos who do not have time to
monitor IRC all the time) up to date on the current status of our
project.  Moreover, I think we could also enhance coordination and
cooperation, specifically in terms of identifying and delegating
open tasks to contributors and thus improve efficiency.

I would suggest we try to come up with a fixed time interval
(e.g. certain day and time every or every other week) and place
(#oi-meeting on freenode for now) and create a page on the wiki
where everybody can add agenda items and where IRC logs can be
posted later.

The first agenda could e.g. include the following issues:
* adaptation of the proposed governance and development models to
  current realities
* setting goals and a time frame for the post-oi_148 development
  release
    * in particular a discussion among consolidation builders
      about the upcoming transition to Illumos
* collecting ideas to  contributors
* the way forward with OIAC

So what do you all think? Any suggestions? What would be a
day/time acceptable to you (please mention the timezone)?

--
Guido Berhoerster