[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing VBox

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Fri Oct 22 19:44:23 UTC 2010

* Kyle McDonald <kmcdonald at egenera.com> [2010-10-22 20:23]:
> According to the info available, Oracle will be making further code
> drops to the hg repos. Do we really want to number our builds b148,
> b149, b150, etc. ?? What happens if the new code drop is b163 (just an
> example), when OI is already up to our own b175? I think it'd be nice
> to show what ON build our builds are based on, and at the same time
> also describe what OI build it is.
>
> Would something like b147.1, b147.2, etc. not work for any reason?
> Later if/when Oracle makes a code availabe for a b163 (using the above
> example) we could move to b163.1, b163.2, etc.

Our development releases currently track Oracle builds, oi_148
will have all consolidations except OS/Net at b148 so keeping this
numbering scheme makes sense. In a future dev release we will
replace the stagnant ONNV with Illumos, so even if Oracle ever
makes source drops available we will not incorporate them
directly but rather get them indirectly via Illumos.

--
Guido Berhoerster