[oi-dev] Osol bug id 5748

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Fri Apr 8 23:29:35 UTC 2011

On 04/04/11 07:09, Alasdair Lumsden wrote @new-developers:

> Would you mind re-posting to the main oi-dev list?

This bug has been open since 2008, so I suspect Oracle isn't
planning to put any resources into it any time soon. There are
two manifestations: truss showing the SIGALRM loop, or nothing
at all. This could conceivably  happen if BlockedSignalCount
in OsReleaseSignals() etc. took on a value > 0 or < -1. There are
paths through the code that could do this but they seem unlikely.

1) The README seems to say that you can run make locally to
make debuggable executables. This seems to work and gdb had
no problem finding symbols. Running make in the pkg directory
also seemed to work. Is this the correct approach? It would be
nice if one could simply set a flag and have buildit do it...

2) Tools like truss and pstack currently provide no useful information
at all. Unless someone more experienced than I can suggest alternatives
(dTrace?), it seems like debugging is the only practical way to, well,
debug this.

3) In the unlikely event I actually find the bug, presumably the fix
has to go upstream. How would that work?

Thanks -- Frank