[oi-dev] Improving the current Wordpress Website

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Thu Apr 14 00:14:50 UTC 2011

On 04/13/11 12:26, Albert Lee wrote:

> I'd opt for a "keep the current layout" option in the poll. I happen
> to think the minimalism of the current layout is preferable to a
> generic corporate-looking site (all of the above themes are centered
> around a page-wide banner image or slideshow).

Have to agree. Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, etc. all have no-nonsense
main pages. Make it too "marketingy" and there's a risk of
seeming desperate. Not to sure what the twitter feed brings
to the table except to show not many folks are tweeting...

On the other hand I suppose a corporate look might make OI
seem more mature but it would be rather different to all
the Linux offspring. Oracle and HP both have rather
minimalist home pages, too...

Cheers -- Frank