[oi-dev] KVM test repo for oi_151

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:26:49 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Thanks to Andrzej Szeszo (aszeszo)'s hard work (and of course the fantastic work of some amazing Joyeurs!) I'm pleased to bring you a KVM test repo for you all to try:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/kvm-test/

It requires the latest bits from the pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il repo, so make sure you image-update (coincidentally this has the latest 280.13 nvidia driver which I published today).

Once you have image-updated, you can install the KVM bits via:

pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/kvm-test
pkg install driver/i86pc/kvm system/qemu system/qemu/kvm

I haven't tested these, so be careful and don't be surprised if it doesn't work - it'll no doubt be down to something stupid I've done :-D

You'll need a system with Intel VT extensions. The Joyent KVM zone brand hasn't been integrated into illumos yet, so you'll need to invoke qemu-kvm manually to set up your VM.

Enjoy and please report any issues. The "needs refinement" build recipes are here:

http://hg.openindiana.org/sustaining/oi_151a/oi-build/

Cheers,

Alasdair