[oi-dev] io sparc ips repo?

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:31:06 UTC 2011

Hi Alexander,

On 19/08/2011 03:23, Alexander J. Maidak wrote:
> Does OI have a ips repo that I could use to upgrade sparc opensolaris
> build 134?  I'm wanting to attempt an illumos sparc build but I'm stuck
> on this page:
> https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/wiki/Updating_OpenSolaris
>
> The IPS repo appears to only contain x86 packages...

So far OI hasn't shipped a SPARC release, due to a lack of developer
resources.

We have a dedicated SPARC T1000 that was kindly donated to the project
by Tom Kranz, and this has been updated to ONNV build 147, but doing a
full build of SFW, JDS, XNV, slim_source, vpanels, etc etc hasn't been done.

If you are interested in assisting us with the effort we'd be more than
happy to arrange access to the box.

Regards,

Alasdair