[oi-dev] oi-build review process

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 02:39:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Guido Berhoerster <gber at openindiana.org> wrote:
[...]
>> FYI, we use "hg commit -u $original_author" in illumos, which puts the
>> original author's email in the change set author.  If you do that, then an
>> "Author: ..." field would be redundant.
>
> Right, that would be a possibility, however we'd probably need to
> introduce a Committed by: or Sponsored by: field since hg doesn't
> distinguish between author/committer.

FYI, for illumos, the "Approved by: ..." line is the "Sponsor", like
"signed off by" in some other projects.  This is usually also the
same as the committer.  (Exceptions are when RTI advocates
push their own changes after approval by another advocate.)
We're not recording who actually did the commit, AFAIK.