[oi-dev] 1341 Upgrade cmake to the latest version - bitbucket changeset: Commit dcc62cd7b504 - Please review

Andrew M. Hettinger AHettinger at Prominic.NET
Tue Aug 9 22:02:16 UTC 2011

/usr/local is listed as directory-non-grata in filesystem(5).
Everything in /usr/local (officially) should be in /opt/

"/usr/local

         Not part of the  SVR4-based  Solaris  distribution.  The
         /usr  directory is exclusively for software bundled with
         the Solaris operating  system.  If  needed  for  storing
         machine-local  add-on  software,  create  the  directory
         /opt/local  and  make  /usr/local  a  symbolic  link  to
         /opt/local.  The  /opt  directory  or  filesystem is for
         storing add-on software to the system."
			--filesystem(5)

personally, I would encourage this to remain.

Andrew Hettinger
http://Prominic.NET  ||  AHettinger at Prominic.NET
Tel:  866.339.3169 (toll free) -or- +1.217.356.2888 x.110 (int'l)
Fax: 866.372.3356 (toll free) -or- +1.217.356.3356            (int'l)

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |08/08/2011 03:21 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [oi-dev] 1341 Upgrade cmake to the latest version - bitbucket changeset: Commit dcc62cd7b504 - Please review                                  |

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Bart Coddens <bart.coddens at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Removed my copyright until the guidelines are clear.
> Added the patches back and reset the legacy line to the original number.
> It builds and works fine here.
>
> Can this be reviewed: changeset:
>
> 3ad6d87fe246
>
> Best Regards,
> Bart Coddens

So, this basically looks OK to me, however:

The "one big path" file is an annoyance.  It makes it hard to see
how much of that is just removing /usr/local from search paths,
and what is other porting stuff needed for OpenIndiana.
I would have preferred one patch file for the /usr/local removal,
and separate ones for other types of changes.  (but please
note, I'm not advocating one patch per touched file)

And that brings up another question: Do we want to remove
/usr/local from the search paths as was done for Solaris?
I wonder why this was done?  Anyone know?
Do we want to continue this change?

Gordon