[oi-dev] 1341 Upgrade cmake to the latest version - bitbucket changeset: Commit dcc62cd7b504 - Please review

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:29:53 UTC 2011

Hi Gordon,

On 8 Aug 2011, at 22:23, Gordon Ross wrote:
<snip>
> This might not have been clear, but the search path changes are not $PATH or
> anything like that, but (apparently) places cmake will look for things.
> Usually looking lots of places is a good thing:)
> That's why I asked about its removal.

*nods*

>> If you're happy to go ahead, I'll do the commit now. I've imported the patch set into my oi-build workspace.
>
> Yeah, I think it's OK as is.
>
> Just wish we knew why that stuff was changed.  Ya know, it's permitted to
> have a little text at the top of a patch file, saying why you're doing this!
> grrr...  (though I'm probably guilty too:)

Yup - comments on patches - couldn't agree more. Another thing to add to the style guide! Just writing up the commit guide now, will do the style guide next :-)

I think Oracle have employed cheap labour to work the userland mines. On userland-discuss there seems to be inexperienced people being mentored by more experienced Oracle staff, and I guess they are under pressure to get things moved from SFW to Userland as quickly as possible.

I think we can do a better job :-)

Cheers,

Alasdair