[oi-dev] Weekly Meeting on Tuesday Jan 3rd at 19:00 UTC

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:32:03 UTC 2011

Quick recap on tonight's agenda. We talked about illumos-userland more
or less exclusively.

#administrivia
	* new development list (userland at lists.illumos.org) to be created per
buffyg request to bdha
	* new authoritative source repo will be created at illumos.org and
mirrored to bitbucket and github (not covered at meeting, but presumably
this will have its own project and issue tracker), also per buffyg
request to bdha
# openssl and perl
	* openssl 1.0 transition has been just fine with 0.9.7 shipping for
compatability; seems to allow illumos-gate to build just fine
	* perl512 is a more complex creature; we have two issues pending for
it, 748 (illumos-gate package for interpreter link) and 1662
(illumos-gate libraries supporting scripts from same), the latter of
which is pending review with illumos-dev
#other package-related activities
	* igork will make available by IPS his builds of
illumian/illumos-userland
	* igork will sync illumos-userland with Oracle userland-gate
	* aszeszo to make his jds 175 build available for testing via public IP
repo

There was also some chatter about gcc. This item will be covered at the
Jan 10 meeting, although further research may be assigned on Jan 3. The
agenda item for Jan 10 will be deciding gcc direction for userland. All
substantive decisions related to userland will be deferred until Jan 10
because of Russian holiday schedule.

Also as an agenda item for Jan. 3, I proposed we start planning for an
early 2012 hackathon for userland.

If you have further agenda items you'd like to suggest for the next
meeting, please feel free to propose them here or simply scribble them
onto the oi-meeting wiki.

Kind regards and happy holidays,
Bayard