[oi-dev] Weekly Meeting on Tuesday Jan 3rd at 19:00 UTC

Bayard G. Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:01:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 21:32 +0000, Bayard G. Bell wrote:
> Quick recap on tonight's agenda. We talked about illumos-userland more
> or less exclusively.
>
> #administrivia
> 	* new development list (userland at lists.illumos.org) to be created per
> buffyg request to bdha
> 	* new authoritative source repo will be created at illumos.org and
> mirrored to bitbucket and github (not covered at meeting, but presumably
> this will have its own project and issue tracker), also per buffyg
> request to bdha

Correction: as project, repo, and issue tracker already exist, request
is limited to mailing list and repo sync. Issue number is 1913

> #other package-related activities
> 	* igork will sync illumos-userland with Oracle userland-gate

We didn't arrive at any specific agreement on how to review such large
updates. There was general agreement that we needed to break these down
into less than a dozen or half-a-dozen changesets so that reviewers can
focus and feedback be clear and manageable in distinguishing changes
that need corrections and those that are ready to commit.

We did not, however, agree on how these should be organized. This would
also help in distributing work so that one person doesn't have to
responsible for the lot of it going forward. Feedback by mail is
welcome. Once agreed, issues can be submitted for tracking changes.

Cheers,
Bayard