[oi-dev] SPARC Text Installer

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:32:36 UTC 2011

Hi Matt,

That's a really good idea.

My only concern with your proposal is that you're biting off a lot of
work in one go. As gber has pointed out there's quite a bit involved in
getting the latest stuff working together (such as Illumos, perl 5.10,
JDS, etc).

It might be worth you re-creating oi_148 but for SPARC. That would be
very useful for a lot of people, and serve as a first step for doing the
next chunk of work.

In theory if you were to apply gber's JDS patches and follow the
documentation things should go fairly smoothly, and if you do get stuck
help will be available more easily as its re-creating something that was
done on x86.

Does that sound of interest?

Cheers,

Alasdair