[oi-dev] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch - A package list

Sorin Stoiana sorinalin.stoiana at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:25:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

I would suggest providing the latest stable for both mysql 5.1.x and 5.5.x, as well as php 5.2.x and 5.3.x. There are people that are not prepared to move between the respective branches of these products. I would also suggest following the package structure that dotdeb.org is providing for the AMP packages for debian.

nginx should be on that list as well.
memcache too.

Having sensible, working and easily extensible default configurations for the web packages also helps.

Sorin Stoiana