[oi-dev] New guy

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:37:51 UTC 2011

Hi Ken

The project is definitely open for new contributors. We normally hang
out on #oi-dev IRC channel on Freenode and you are welcome to join us.

We plan on using illumos as the core of the next OpenIndiana release.
Globalisation (g11n) consolidation needs some work before we will be
able to do that for example. It involves renaming/obsoleting Sun/Oracle
provided packages. Some Makefile work. Not very complicated but there
are lots of files to touch.

Please join #oi-dev and we will help you to get started.

Andrzej