[oi-dev] Popular Software list

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 13:35:46 UTC 2011

Hey,

This is very low-tech approach for now, but I've added a wiki page where we
can add software we use and have installed and where it came from. The idea
is that as OI follows the Solaris tradition of having lots of repositories
rather than a big single one, a user can use this to look up a particular
app and where its available from (i.e source, default IPS, SFE ).

It's also allows people to enter a not supported app, so that we have some
form of "popular but not supported" list.

Being as its so low-tech (just a wiki table) I will volunteer to maintain it
until I feel more cleverer and make it a proper DB or something.

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Popular+Software

Please help fill it, I'll break it down into sub categories etc. as it fill
up.

Thanks,

Deano