[oi-dev] Fwd: [illumos-Developer] Google Summer of Code?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Mar 6 20:08:51 UTC 2011

On 03/ 6/11 11:59 AM, Deano wrote:
> I've added some from easy to hard to hopefully give Google and the students a range of things they might like to get involved with, I've added myself as mentor for most but for a few I'm not the right person or will be useful to have a few people covering it (i.e. ZFS BPR)

Google Summer of Code projects are expected to be equivalent to a full-time
job for 2-3 months, so things that are too easy won't qualify, but neither
will things that a new developer without much experience can't complete in
that amount of time.

Of course, the project suggestions are just to give students ideas - students
will actually have to write up a proposal when they apply and can use something
the project suggested or their own idea.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com