[oi-dev] oi-dev Digest, Vol 7, Issue 6

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:59:33 UTC 2011

Hi Butch

Individual consolidations that form OpenIndiana distribution are using
different build systems. Some consolidations are available in binary
form only.

I propose creating a unified infrastructure on top of all build systems
so that full or incremental builds of the whole OS could be done with a
single command.

I don't have much experience with continuous build systems but I suspect
such infrastructure could be used with something like Hudson/Jenkins. I
am sure Jenkins can start make command after noticing a change in the
version control system.

Andrzej