[oi-dev] Artwork?

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Mon Mar 28 11:54:55 UTC 2011

* Shawn Thompson <superfox436 at gmail.com> [2011-03-28 03:07]:
> I'm just wondering, are there any plans to begin work on a completely new
> artwork design for OI? I think we all need to kinda move beyond the usual
> Nimbus-based art for JDS (which I personally think screams "bootleg OS X"
> too much, style-wise.)

I like the smooth look of Nimbus and find it non-distracting and
easy on the eye, I also don't see how it is a ripoff of OS X.

Artwork-wise we could use some improvements, the current OI logo
does not work well with dark backgrounds or in smaller sizes
(e.g. favicons or the GNOME main menu icon are really unusable).

--
Guido Berhoerster