[oi-dev] Artwork?

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:21:39 UTC 2011

On 29/03/2011 09:17, BM wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Guido Berhoerster<gber at openindiana.org>  wrote:
>> Artwork-wise we could use some improvements, the current OI logo
>> does not work well with dark backgrounds or in smaller sizes
>> (e.g. favicons or the GNOME main menu icon are really unusable).
>
> BTW, I told that many times ago. If only would somebody care... No, nobody.

OI requires professional artwork, a great look and feel, and most
importantly, a solid brand.

The website that you constructed entirely without consultation and put
forward was not  appropriate for what OI represents; while we
appreciated the hard work you went to, you cannot take unilateral
action. Leave that to America.

If someone qualified comes along to take the lead on branding and can
put forward a coherent plan of action, solicit community feedback, then
diplomatically execute that plan by managing others as part of a group,
trust me, people will care, and people will listen.