[oi-dev] Artwork?

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:42:01 UTC 2011

On 03/29/11 03:54 PM, Shawn Thompson wrote:
> I was thinking that maybe we could evolve from Nimbus somehow. Somehow
> keeping elements/ideas from it, but applying them in new ways. I was
> looking at that Murrine engine, it has a lot of options, and I mean a
> lot. And don't forget, if we do change the default, there's nothing
> stopping you from keeping the old theme as a sort of "classic" option.

Well great ;) Just to make sure persons making new Gui look and feel
acquire also knowledge of its integration with JDS, and making it
available (as additional IPS publisher or distributed otherwise) for
testing in present dev releases. And then people will express what they
want or not for default, etc.

It certainly came into my mind that also many other things are needed in
artistic section besides GUI look. Like T-shirt design (evolved from
latest OpenSolaris one and as addition to it and new one), Logo design
for big stickers for machines and small stickers for machines, Live and
textual install CD/DVD print design (also there is Osol one to start with),
Mascot for distribution.. But that is all with consultation with project
leaders.