[oi-dev] Build 151 status update

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue May 24 13:11:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 12:24 +0100, Andrzej Szeszo wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Due to last minute packaging fixes I wasn't able to update the /dev-il
> repo last night. I have pushed new packages to /dev-il repo this morning
> and image-updated my 148b machine from it. It appears to be working ok
> so far.
>
> If you plan to build illumos-gate on oi_151 please note that bug
> https://www.illumos.org/issues/495 has been re-introduced (original
> patch has not landed in our repository it seems). Also, all
> consolidations have version number set to 151. Make sure you add:
>
> ONNV_BUILDNUM=151; export ONNV_BUILDNUM
>
> to your illumos.sh nightly env file to make the resulting packages
> installable on your system.
>
> I have generated initial live dvd image but installer is not working for
> some reason (installer window disappears after selecting time zone).
> I'll be investigating it later today.
>
> Please let us know if you encounter any issues with the updated-repo.

I just tried to update 148b and via Update Manager gui tool. The update
failed due to complaints that "This is a live image.  The install
operation can't be performed."

Also, the "Read the release notes advisory points to Oracle:

<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/>

Shouldn't we have it pointing to OI specific notes at openindiana.org??

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>