[oi-dev] Requesting help testing new ACPI code

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:40:16 UTC 2011

We have some new ACPI code to test, thanks to efforts by
Joyent people (Jerry Jelinek) as well as some work on my part.
I'd like help testing these bits an various machines.
If you have OpenIndiana installed, you can help!
Here's how:

beadm create acpi-test-1
beadm mount acpi-test-1 /mnt
pkg -R /mnt set-publisher --non-sticky openindiana.org
pkg -R /mnt set-publisher -P acpi -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/acpi
pkg -R /mnt image-update
beadm activate acpi-test-1
init 6

Then once you're running the new acpi bits, try things like
suspend/resume (assuming that worked before:) and
whatever else you like.

I've seen one known problem with these bits:
1779 panic: assertion failed: rc == DDI_SUCCESS, file:
../../common/os/devcfg.c, line: 4185
This is exposed because it's a debug build.

Once you're done testing, I recommend you go back to
whatever you were running before, i.e.
  beadm activate former-bootenv

Thanks,
Gordon

p.s. the code is here, in case you want to look, or
compile it yourself:  http://www.yalms.org/cr/acpi-gwr/