[oi-dev] [developer] Requesting help testing new ACPI code

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:46:24 UTC 2011

pkg -R /mnt set-publisher -P -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/acpi

> pkg -R /mnt image-update

pkg reports conflicts between SUNWcs and network/ftp, so the latter
should probably be deinstalled before updating.

> beadm activate acpi-test-1
> init 6
>
> Then once you're running the new acpi bits, try things like
> suspend/resume (assuming that worked before:) and
> whatever else you like.
>
> I've seen one known problem with these bits:
> 1779 panic: assertion failed: rc == DDI_SUCCESS, file:
> ../../common/os/devcfg.c, line: 4185
> This is exposed because it's a debug build.

Seeing that as well :(

> Once you're done testing, I recommend you go back to
> whatever you were running before, i.e.
>   beadm activate former-bootenv
>
> p.s. the code is here, in case you want to look, or
> compile it yourself:  http://www.yalms.org/cr/acpi-gwr/

I don't see any changes on HP Pavilion DV8 - suspend/resume not working
(and wasn't), however I got really tired by endless flow of acpica
exceptions in /var/adm/message - https://www.illumos.org/issues/1783.

While here, could we please add common/ and compiler/ subdirs from
acpica distribution to uts/intel/io/acpica, which will allow building
iasl (sorry if it's off-topic..)?

Yuri